Locating cheaper insurance for a Volkswagen Jetta in Kansas can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Volkswagen and get the lowest price from both online companies and Overland Park agents.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most drivers in Kansas have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers could save as much as 46.5% a year, but they don't know how much they could save if they switched.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best rates on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Overland Park two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because it's time to teach you the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Pricing the cheapest policy in Overland Park is easy if you know what you're doing. If you're already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to save money while maintaining coverages. Smart buyers just have to know how to compare company rates online.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact almost all companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including whether you drive to work or school, the ages of drivers, if the vehicle is leased, and if it has an alarm system. The rating information is then sent to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Kansas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$436||$300||$18||$90||$1,056||$88|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$136||$234||$244||$14||$72||$700||$58|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$230||$324||$20||$96||$788||$66|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$354||$376||$22||$112||$1,096||$91|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$196||$348||$248||$14||$74||$880||$73|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$348||$292||$18||$88||$942||$79|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$436||$270||$16||$80||$1,016||$85|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$194||$400||$316||$18||$94||$1,022||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can alter coverage rates substantially.
Volkswagen Jetta liability-only versus full coverage
The information below examines Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Volkswagen Jetta replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Volkswagen Jetta yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims impact Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Overland Park car insurance discounts
Some companies don't always list every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Overland Park auto insurance online. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- E-sign Discounts - A few car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Student in College - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Overland Park and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Overland Park auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Memberships - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Jetta insurance.
- Renewal Discounts - Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Overland Park auto insurance online.
- Driving Data Discount - Overland Park drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class in school.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way. But any discount will help reduce the premium cost.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, multi-car, early shopping, business and professional, good student, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance discounts include multi-car, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, paid-in-full, online shopper, and Pac-12 alumni.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver's education, multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, membership and employees, defensive driver, military active duty, and driver training.
- Allstate may have discounts that include good student, anti-lock brakes, auto/life discount, multi-policy, and EZ pay plan discount.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be offered in Overland Park. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Overland Park, click this link.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Jetta insurance, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen Jetta has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Volkswagen Jetta but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance agents near you
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Most agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Overland Park.
By using this short form, your information is submitted to companies in Overland Park who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won't need to drive around since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Overland Park who may provide rate quotes.
- Platinum One Insurance
11020 King St #108 - Overland Park, KS 66210 - (913) 451-4800 - View Map
- Health Insurance Cooperative Agency
7070 W 107th St #200 - Overland Park, KS 66212 - (913) 369-5552 - View Map
- TASK Insurance Agency, Inc.
9393 W 110th St #500 - Overland Park, KS 66210 - (888) 455-1370 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Overland Park that are able to give rate quotes.
- Rick Leathers - State Farm Insurance Agent
7111 W 79th St - Overland Park, KS 66204 - (913) 649-2111 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Ronald Shrum
7944 W 151st St - Overland Park, KS 66223 - (913) 897-5253 - View Map
- Chris Hare - State Farm Insurance Agent
7406 W 119th St - Overland Park, KS 66213 - (913) 469-1455 - View Map
Deciding on a insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How many years have they been established?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?