Are you tired of not being able to afford to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as millions of other people.
A recent car insurance study discovered that most Kansas car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in the U.S. could save up to 46.5% every year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they changed companies. You have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates utilizes the fact car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details including coverage limits, driver ages, whether or not you need a SR-22, and types of safety features. Your information is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Topeka, KS. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$818||$409||$68|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,016||$508||$85|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$760||$380||$63|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$878||$439||$73|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$944||$472||$79|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$626||$313||$52|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,046||$523||$87|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$842||$421||$70|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$842||$421||$70|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$796||$398||$66|
|Kia Optima LX||$966||$483||$81|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$962||$481||$80|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$848||$424||$71|
|Toyota Camry LE||$856||$428||$71|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$798||$399||$67|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$840||$420||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can modify rates noticeably.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions raise GMC Acadia insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Physical damage deductibles
When buying auto insurance, a common question is which comprehensive and collision deductibles to buy. The following insurance rates outline how much more rates are between low and high comp and collision deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second price chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise rates significantly.
We can derive from the above data that using a $100 deductible costs about $33 more each month or $396 annually than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $900 more to file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average at a minimum 27 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money if you choose a higher deductible.
How to determine if raising deductibles makes sense
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$100|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $67|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$33|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $33|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||27 months|
One important issue to know is that a higher deductible level results in more money out-of-pocket when you have to file a claim. You need some funds available in the event you need to pay the higher deductible in order to repair your vehicle.
You may qualify for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can get you a discount because it shows financial diligence.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Topeka car insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
Some of the larger companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policies in Topeka. To see a list of car insurance companies with discount rates in Kansas, click here.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Topeka insurance agent
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is especially important in Topeka.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to companies in Topeka who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy insurance from a good Topeka insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can provide insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, you will want to include rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Topeka?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Upon receiving positive feedback to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets your needs to service your policy.