How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for the cheapest Mazda 3 insurance in Overland Park? Are you burned out from not being able to afford to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as most other consumers in Kansas.
Unimaginable but true, most auto insurance buyers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Kansas could save about 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched.
Consumers have many insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Kansas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$346||$346||$20||$104||$992||$83|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$132||$230||$292||$18||$88||$760||$63|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$592||$372||$22||$112||$1,334||$111|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$154||$276||$286||$16||$86||$818||$68|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$254||$296||$18||$88||$796||$66|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$240||$540||$324||$20||$96||$1,220||$102|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$524||$376||$22||$112||$1,352||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter coverage prices significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Mazda 3 insurance prices for each different age category. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers Overland Park pay cheaper rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders raise Mazda 3 insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Overland Park
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mazda 3 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Do you qualify for discounts on Mazda 3 insurance in Overland Park?
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring several vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Overland Park drivers who agree to allow data collection to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on 3 insurance in Overland Park.
- Life Insurance - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member can result in better insurance rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But all discounts will lower your overall bill.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver's education, multiple policy, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good student, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, early shopping, good student, youthful driver, and distant student.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, multi-policy, seat belt use, driver training, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, defensive driver, early bird, accident-free, good student, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include anti-theft, family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and business or organization.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer discounts in Overland Park, click here to view.
How Insurers Calculate Mazda 3 Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Prevent your car from being stolen - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft.
- Certain vocations raise rates - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like military generals, architects and miners have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, historians and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Married people drive safer - Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Discounts for auto and home policies - Most larger insurance companies will award better rates for people that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Defend yourself with liability coverage - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Save money with higher deductibles - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Insurance losses for a Mazda 3 - Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium rates. Models that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda 3 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 3 Models
Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing prices from local Overland Park insurance agents
Many people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Overland Park that can give you free Overland Park car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Kansas?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Listed below are Overland Park insurance companies who can help you get price quotes for Mazda 3 insurance in Overland Park.
It's not one size fits all
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my Mazda 3 qualify for pleasure use?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Kansas?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Tricks in car insurance advertising
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all make the point that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch your coverage to them. How does each company charge you a lower premium? It's all in the wording.
Car insurance companies have specific characteristics for the driver that earns them the highest profit. One example of a driver they prefer should be over the age of 40, has a clean driving record, and has a short commute. Someone that fits those parameters will probably get cheap auto insurance rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
People who may not quite match these criteria will probably have to pay higher rates and ends up with business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best prices. Different companies use different criteria so drivers should get as many free Overland Park car insurance quotes as possible. It is just not possible to predict which car insurance company will have better premium rates than you're paying now.
How much can you save?
The cheapest Mazda 3 insurance in Overland Park is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
When searching for inexpensive Overland Park car insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Mazda 3 insurance premium rates in Overland Park. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Leawood, KS? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)