Locating better insurance prices for a car in Kansas can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to save time. There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your and get the cheapest rates from Manhattan insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to compare prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. If you had the lowest rates on auto insurance a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to find out the quickest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Save a ton on insurance with these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles could earn cheaper insurance rates.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Manhattan could earn you a nice discount when getting a Manhattan auto insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Kansas, click here to view.
Getting cheaper car insurance pricing doesn't have to be difficult. The only requirement is to take the time comparing rates from some recommended companies.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Kansas. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$874||$437||$73|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$752||$376||$63|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$966||$483||$81|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$574||$287||$48|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$1,078||$539||$90|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$812||$406||$68|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$832||$416||$69|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$924||$462||$77|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$880||$440||$73|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$962||$481||$80|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$942||$471||$79|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$940||$470||$78|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$688||$344||$57|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,310||$655||$109|
|Toyota Camry SE||$712||$356||$59|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$820||$410||$68|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premiums significantly.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The example below shows how violations and accidents can impact Toyota Camry insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Smart consumers can reduce your rates
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Do you know your coverage deductibles? - Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Safer the car lower the rate - Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Limits of liability coverage - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage kicks in in the event that a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Careless driving leads to higher rates - Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Only having one citation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received multiple violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The type of car makes a difference - The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in your rates. Small economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of auto insurance, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Manhattan is wasting up to $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Lower-priced auto insurance in Manhattan is available online and with local Manhattan insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don't offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce auto insurance prices online in Manhattan. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Kansas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a GMC Acadia in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Hays, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)