Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay high insurance rates every month? You're in the same situation as the majority of other vehicle owners in Kansas.
Inconceivable but true, most drivers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Wichita could cut their rates by almost $809 a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it's difficult to compare rate quotes online. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate persitently shower you with ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and find the best price available.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Wichita is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Shoppers just have to know the most time-saving way to compare prices from multiple carriers.
Save with these money saving discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Wichita without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Accord insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Professional Memberships - Being in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Wichita auto insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount should help reduce your overall premium however.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for preferred payment discount, safety features, new graduate, newly retired, and teen driver discount.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
Check with each company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your area.
Getting low cost auto insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. All you need to do is spend a few minutes to compare rates from online providers.
It's so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it obsolete to drive to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the guidance of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Wichita, KS. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$254||$276||$16||$82||$762||$64|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$450||$328||$20||$98||$1,134||$95|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$366||$244||$14||$72||$910||$76|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$116||$188||$248||$14||$74||$640||$53|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$206||$228||$14||$68||$636||$53|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$256||$234||$14||$70||$714||$60|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$190||$452||$366||$22||$110||$1,140||$95|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$190||$430||$366||$22||$110||$1,118||$93|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$192||$364||$304||$18||$92||$970||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in your specific Wichita location which can affect auto insurance rates greatly.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below shows the difference between Honda Accord auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Kansas minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda Accord claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Physical damage deductibles
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Honda Accord annual premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent's help.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Honda Accord?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- If my Honda Accord is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Wichita auto insurance agent
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Wichita.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Wichita who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Upon receiving good answers to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an provider that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage. It's important to know that it's your policy and you can terminate your policy whenever you wish so don't think you're contractually obligated to your new company for the entire policy term.
Be persistent and save
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Honda Accord insurance in Wichita. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Wichita auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Honda Accord insurance is definitely available online and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about insurance in Kansas can be found below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Kansas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a GMC Acadia in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for College Graduates in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)