Do you think you bought an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? You're in good company because there are many people just like you.
A study showed that a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average insurance premium being $1,600, Wichita drivers could pocket roughly 55% a year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Mazda 3 insurance in Wichita.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates once or twice a year since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best deal on Mazda 3 insurance in Wichita a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it's time to teach you the right way to lower your annual insurance bill.
When quoting insurance, remember that quoting more increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Wichita, KS. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$250||$270||$16||$80||$754||$63|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$270||$346||$20||$104||$874||$73|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$408||$346||$20||$104||$1,054||$88|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$240||$514||$300||$18||$90||$1,162||$97|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$250||$440||$286||$16||$86||$1,078||$90|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$254||$482||$296||$18||$88||$1,138||$95|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$514||$292||$18||$88||$1,182||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location which can modify coverage rates considerably.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mazda 3 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can influence Mazda 3 insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 3 yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Mazda 3 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Insuring your Mazda 3 just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Mazda for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your 3 definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper rates on Mazda 3 insurance in Wichita with these eight auto insurance discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy early. You may see this discount when you get Wichita auto insurance quotes online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Memberships - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount get Wichita auto insurance on the web.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A few companies who may offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Wichita. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer online Mazda 3 insurance quotes in Kansas, click here to view.
When to get professional advice
When choosing coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is my Mazda 3 covered for flood damage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many people prefer to have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Wichita who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to you. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your 3 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your 3 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The most you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills like doctor visits, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like legal defense fees, pain and suffering, medical services, structural damage and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Kansas requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mazda 3.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Persistent drivers can save
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
You just learned many ideas to save on Mazda 3 insurance in Wichita. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mazda 3 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Affordable Mazda 3 insurance in Wichita is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Wichita agents, so you need to quote Wichita auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Overland Park, Kansas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Kansas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Junction City, KS? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Leavenworth, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)