How long has it been since you shopped around for lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Overland Park? Cutting costs on Dodge Ram insurance in Overland Park could be frustrating for drivers who have little experience online price comparisons. With such a large number of agents and insurers to choose from, it can easily be a difficult mission to locate the lowest coverage rates.
Regrettably, the vast majority of insurance customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. The average driver in Kansas could pocket almost $809 a year, but they don't invest the time required to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
Consumers need to compare rates occasionally because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Overland Park six months ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more prices will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Kansas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$106||$160||$304||$18||$92||$680||$57|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$268||$504||$420||$24||$126||$1,342||$112|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$196||$294||$330||$20||$98||$938||$78|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$172||$288||$436||$26||$130||$1,052||$88|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$174||$294||$340||$20||$102||$930||$78|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$204||$300||$324||$20||$96||$944||$79|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$250||$372||$324||$20||$96||$1,062||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$172||$288||$436||$26||$130||$1,052||$88|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$118||$194||$304||$18||$92||$726||$61|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$174||$294||$304||$18||$92||$882||$74|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$190||$340||$436||$26||$130||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$298||$592||$420||$24||$126||$1,460||$122|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$176||$302||$310||$18||$94||$900||$75|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$172||$276||$324||$20||$96||$888||$74|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$194||$366||$366||$22||$110||$1,058||$88|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$190||$340||$436||$26||$130||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$266||$514||$340||$20||$102||$1,242||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$174||$294||$304||$18||$92||$882||$74|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$344||$742||$436||$26||$130||$1,678||$140|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$176||$346||$310||$18||$94||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can change premiums significantly.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Ram in Overland Park, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Ram outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Take policy discounts and save on Dodge Ram insurance in Overland Park
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 get Overland Park car insurance digitally online.
- Renewal Discounts - Select car insurance companies give a discount for signing up early. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable companies to scrutinize driving habits remotely such as Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Overland Park, click here.
Neighborhood Overland Park auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important particularly in Overland Park.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Overland Park who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. It's the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Overland Park?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Kansas?
Insurance agents can help
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- How much liability insurance is required?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Kansas?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Be persistent and save
In this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in Overland Park. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Dodge Ram insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a small local company. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
As you quote Overland Park car insurance, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lenexa, Kansas? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Dodge City, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Kansas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Kansas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Leavenworth, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Olathe, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)