Are you looking for more affordable car insurance rates in Hutchinson, KS? Hutchinson consumers have many options when looking for affordable car insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a and obtain the cheapest rates.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Hutchinson is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. Consumers just need to use the most time-saving way to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
Compare Hutchinson auto insurance quotes
Finding cheaper Hutchinson auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Hutchinson car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Kansas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$740||$370||$62|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$872||$436||$73|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$814||$407||$68|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$950||$475||$79|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$964||$482||$80|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$958||$479||$80|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$562||$281||$47|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Honda Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$952||$476||$79|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$796||$398||$66|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$946||$473||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Hutchinson which can affect premium rates substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
When buying car insurance, a common question is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The premium rates below can help you understand the costs and benefits when you select higher and lower deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $100 deductible for comp and collision and the second set of prices uses a $1,000 deductible.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$246||$366||$286||$16||$86||$1,025||$85|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$278||$366||$286||$16||$86||$1,057||$88|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$278||$366||$286||$16||$86||$1,057||$88|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$278||$446||$286||$16||$86||$1,137||$95|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$278||$446||$286||$16||$86||$1,137||$95|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$278||$446||$286||$16||$86||$1,137||$95|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$278||$446||$286||$16||$86||$1,137||$95|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$136||$192||$286||$16||$86||$716||$60|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$154||$192||$286||$16||$86||$734||$61|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$154||$192||$286||$16||$86||$734||$61|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$154||$234||$286||$16||$86||$776||$65|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$154||$234||$286||$16||$86||$776||$65|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$154||$234||$286||$16||$86||$776||$65|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$154||$234||$286||$16||$86||$776||$65|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can influence insurance rates considerably.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible will cost you approximately $29 more each month or $348 each year than selecting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $900 more if you file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to go at a minimum 31 months between claims, you would save more money if you decide on a higher deductible.
Cautious drivers save money
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can impact Toyota Corolla auto insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below shows the difference between Nissan Altima auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Altima replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $600 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Kansas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower Your Rates with these tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine prices.
- Reserve policy claims for larger damages - Insurance companies in Kansas award most affordable rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Don't skimp on liability protection - The liability coverage on your policy kicks in when a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Drivers with excellent credit save on car insurance - A driver's credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
- More than one policy can earn a discount - Some car insurance companies apply a discount to clients who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's in your best interest to compare other rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Drive less and get lower costs - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy properly reflects the correct usage.
- Only buy what you need - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren't careful. Things like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Get affordable car insurance with discounts
Companies don't necessarily list all discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Hutchinson car insurance quote.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Participating in a safe driver course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Hutchinson.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Hutchinson?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people still prefer to get advice from a local agent. Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Hutchinson who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Hutchinson?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Hutchinson are either exclusive or independent. Both can write car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the differences because it can influence the selection process.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand rather than low rates.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Smart shoppers get results
We've covered many tips how you can get a better price on auto insurance in Hutchinson. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Hutchinson car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)