Are you doing reasearch to find the cheapest car insurance rates in Wichita, KS? Wichita consumers have a choice when looking for the best price on GMC Sierra insurance. They can either waste time calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages on a GMC and find the best price possible.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Wichita is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Drivers just need to know the fastest way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Affordable auto insurance in Wichita, KS
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Kansas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$192||$378||$274||$16||$82||$942||$79|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$132||$230||$292||$18||$88||$760||$63|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$242||$512||$346||$20||$104||$1,224||$102|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$250||$440||$286||$16||$86||$1,078||$90|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$132||$270||$324||$20||$96||$842||$70|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$176||$276||$376||$22||$112||$962||$80|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$214||$430||$300||$18||$90||$1,052||$88|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$214||$452||$324||$20||$96||$1,106||$92|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$176||$276||$376||$22||$112||$962||$80|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$150||$270||$292||$18||$88||$818||$68|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$240||$514||$300||$18||$90||$1,162||$97|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$132||$284||$324||$20||$96||$856||$71|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$220||$400||$292||$18||$88||$1,018||$85|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$266||$622||$324||$20||$96||$1,328||$111|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$310||$604||$286||$16||$86||$1,302||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can change coverage rates substantially.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don't necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Wichita car insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Sierra insurance in Wichita.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your policy.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Wichita car insurance quote in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, emergency military deployment, driver training, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for teen driver, paperless, air bags, multi-policy, company car, and multiple vehicles.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, good student, accident-free, good driver, early bird, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-car, Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, online quote, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, driver's education, good driver, multiple autos, good student, and student away at school.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not be offered in Wichita. To view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kansas, click this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Marriage discount - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on car insurance. Marriage may mean you are less irresponsible and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your GMC scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
- Type of car determines base prices - The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Because the GMC Sierra falls in the pickup truck class, rates will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Wichita. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Pay more if you have a long commute - Living in a rural area may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Lower population means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Loss probability for a GMC Sierra - Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the loss history for GMC Sierra vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
GMC Sierra Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Sierra 1500 2WD 89 122 106 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD 97 86 79 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 87 99 132 69 69 89 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 89 102 114 52 51 73 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 98 109 96 70 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 78 85 89 65 56 94 GMC Sierra 2500 4WD 70 56 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 63 101 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 91 118 105 43 50 90 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 67 108 85 40 GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 85 128 121 35
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Local agents and car insurance
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Wichita who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Kansas?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Wichita?
If you want to use a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Wichita agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth learning the subtle differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Wichita that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Wurfel
260 N Rock Rd Ste 125 - Wichita, KS 67206 - (316) 689-8452 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Timothy Waltrip
2020 N Woodlawn St Ste 380 - Wichita, KS 67208 - (316) 681-2120 - View Map
- Ed Sandate - State Farm Insurance Agent
2400 W Pawnee St #114 - Wichita, KS 67213 - (316) 942-4440 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, you need to contact independent agents for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agents in Wichita willing to provide price quotes.
- Matthew Mills Insurance Agency Inc.
200 S Hillside St B - Wichita, KS 67211 - (316) 269-2300 - View Map
- Z Insurance Group
616 W Douglas Ave - Wichita, KS 67203 - (316) 440-1790 - View Map
- Insurance Partners Of Kansas
707 N Waco Ave #101 - Wichita, KS 67203 - (316) 686-6666 - View Map
If you receive positive responses to any questions you may have as well as a price you're happy with, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage.
Smart consumers save more
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced GMC Sierra insurance in Wichita can be purchased both online in addition to many Wichita insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
You just read some good ideas how to lower your GMC Sierra insurance auto insurance rates in Wichita. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Prairie Village, Kansas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)