Would you like to stop wasting money and find more competitive Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Wichita? Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of car insurance choices that you can choose from? Lot's of other people are too. Kansas drivers have so many choices that it can turn into a big hassle to compare premium rates on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance. Lots of people think Wichita is the perfect city to reside in, but inflated car insurance prices can make it very difficult to be able to afford adequate coverage.
A recent survey discovered that the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Consumers in the United States could pocket about $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It's a good habit to quote other rates on a regular basis because prices go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Wichita a couple years back you can probably find a better rate quote now. There is too much inaccurate information about Grand Caravan insurance out there, but you can learn the easiest ways to lower your car insurance rates in Wichita.
Keep in mind that more quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Wichita, KS. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$202||$282||$296||$18||$88||$886||$74|
|Grand Caravan SE||$242||$420||$346||$20||$104||$1,132||$94|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$190||$384||$324||$20||$96||$1,014||$85|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$254||$410||$296||$18||$88||$1,066||$89|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$278||$458||$386||$22||$116||$1,260||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact auto insurance rates significantly.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The diagram below shows how violations and fender-benders can impact Dodge Grand Caravan yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Senior Discount - Seniors could receive a slight reduction on a Wichita car insurance quote.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Wichita car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Wichita.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Sign Early and Save - A few car insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Grand Caravan insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, driver's education, good driver, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for distant student, good student, switch companies, youthful driver, pay in full, multi-car, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, good student, federal employee, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe driver, company car, anti-theft, mature driver, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and driver training.
- USAA has discounts for defensive driver, vehicle storage, multi-policy, driver training, and new vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see a list of providers who offer discounts in Wichita, click this link.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Wichita
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
Where you call home can impact prices - Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, flood damage, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
A auto insurance policy lapse can increase premiums - Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage might get you fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Kansas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies - Most companies apply discounts for people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you're getting this discount it's always a smart idea to compare other Wichita Grand Caravan insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Insurance loss probability for a Dodge Grand Caravan - Companies factor in insurance loss information to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Grand Caravan Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Grand Caravan||79||104||81||108||108||107|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Wichita car insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
When finding a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Wichita who may provide you with price quote information.
- Shelby Brock - State Farm Insurance Agent
530 N Ridge Rd D - Wichita, KS 67212 - (316) 722-9009 - View Map
- Tammy Long - State Farm Insurance Agent
2803 W 13th St N - Wichita, KS 67203 - (316) 941-4545 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Gerald Amato Agency Inc.
7000 E Harry St - Wichita, KS 67207 - (316) 687-4884 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include independent agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are Wichita independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- M and M Insurance Associates
1700 E Douglas Ave - Wichita, KS 67214 - (316) 264-9317 - View Map
- Midwest Insurance Agency
123 N Tyler Rd # 100 - Wichita, KS 67212 - (316) 425-7755 - View Map
- Rich Hutfles Agency Inc
5813 E Central Ave - Wichita, KS 67208 - (316) 618-0526 - View Map
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
We just covered a lot of tips how to compare Dodge Grand Caravan insurance car insurance rates in Wichita. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Grand Caravan rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Low-cost Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Wichita is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Wichita agents, so you need to quote Wichita car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)