Do you want more affordable Chevy Impala insurance in Overland Park? Are you irritated from sacrificing other expenses to buy auto insurance? You are no different than many other Kansas drivers.
Unthinkable but true, most drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,600, Overland Park drivers could save themselves 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't invest the time required to compare rates online.
Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the lowest rate possible on Chevy Impala insurance in Overland Park.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including whether or not you need a SR-22, your occupation, whether you are single or married, and how much coverage you want. That rating data is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Overland Park, KS. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Overland Park location which can increase or decrease premium rates significantly.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Chevrolet Impala annual premium costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet Impala annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevrolet Impala annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Impala book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Impala in Overland Park, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
Get cheaper Chevy Impala insurance rates in Overland Park
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Overland Park auto insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with some insurance companies.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Professional Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy premiums.
Companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good student, good driver, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include business or organization, accident-free, family plan, multi-policy, anti-theft, easy pay, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, mature driver, business and professional, teen driver, and bundle discounts.
- Allstate offers discounts including EZ pay plan discount, safe driver, good student, auto/life discount, premier discount, and new car.
If you want inexpensive Overland Park auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your state. To see a list of providers with the best Chevy Impala insurance discounts in Overland Park, follow this link.
Comparing rates from local Overland Park insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that provide free Overland Park auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. A good agent in Overland Park will have answers to these questions.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
If you want a good Overland Park insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Overland Park are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Overland Park that are able to give price quotes.
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Overland Park that can give you price quotes.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for things like doctor visits, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Impala from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Impala to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Chevy Impala.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people's claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, medical expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Kansas requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Shop around and save
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
More affordable auto insurance in Overland Park is attainable on the web in addition to many Overland Park insurance agents, so get free Overland Park auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)