Would you like to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Shawnee, KS? Cutting costs on auto insurance may be difficult for drivers new to buying insurance online. You have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can quickly become a real difficult job to locate the lowest coverage rates.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Shawnee consumers can cut their rates by about $809 a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Locating the best rates in Shawnee can be made easier if you know where to look. In a nutshell, each driver who needs more affordable auto insurance stands a good chance to find a lower-cost policy. But Kansas drivers must understand how big insurance companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
Auto insurance companies in Kansas
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Shawnee, KS. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,030||$515||$86|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$758||$379||$63|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$982||$491||$82|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$626||$313||$52|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,164||$582||$97|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$1,454||$727||$121|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$970||$485||$81|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$824||$412||$69|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$812||$406||$68|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$674||$337||$56|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$984||$492||$82|
|Toyota Camry SE||$842||$421||$70|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$800||$400||$67|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$942||$471||$79|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can affect premium rates substantially.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The illustration below compares insurance premiums for male and female drivers in Shawnee. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied on a Toyota Camry XLE.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Save over 55 - Seniors can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Shawnee auto insurance.
- Military Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Paperless Signup - Some companies may give you up to $50 get Shawnee auto insurance on their website.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts should help lower the cost of coverage.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- 21st Century discounts include homeowners, anti-lock brakes, good student, automatic seat belts, driver training, and theft prevention.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and driver's education.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-car, newly married, good student, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, newly retired, and new graduate.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Shawnee.
Tricks in car insurance advertising
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on television and other media. All the companies convey the message of big savings if you just switch your policy. Is it even possible that every company can cost less than your current company? This is how they do it.
All companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, this type of driver could be over the age of 50, has never had a policy lapse, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anyone who matches those parameters will get low rates and have a good chance to save if they switch.
Consumers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will be charged a more expensive rate with the end result being business going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save money. This is how companies can claim big savings. This really emphasizes why it is so important to compare quotes as often as possible. It's impossible to know which car insurance company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices and delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
Cheap auto insurance in Shawnee is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Shawnee, so get free Shawnee auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don't offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your auto insurance premium rates in Shawnee. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)