If shopping for Liberal car insurance quotes online is new to you, by this point your are probably overwhelmed by the large number of online companies all claiming to have the lowest rates.
Amazingly, a large majority of drivers in Kansas renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in the United States could save 47% every year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Liberal is easy if you know what you're doing. Virtually every driver who is overpaying for auto insurance will most likely find a lower-cost policy. Although Kansas consumers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to calculate your auto insurance rates because it varies considerably.
Smart consumers know how to buy car insurance cheaper
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in big savings.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
Rates increase with policy add-ons - Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you aren't careful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Do you have enough liability? - The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Your occupation is a factor - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as military personnel, executives and financial analysts are shown to have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers like scientists, historians and retirees pay the least.
Insure your auto and home with one company - Most major insurance companies apply discounts to buyers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Accidents are costly - Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers with multiple citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
Never let your car insurance expire - Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Kansas motor vehicle department.
Youthful drivers cost more - More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Inexperience drivers are proven to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Know your credit score - Having a good credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. People that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
When shopping for cheaper Liberal car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from many car insurance companies in Kansas. The best method to compare rates is to get quotes online.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that quoting more provides better odds of finding the best price.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Liberal, KS. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$742||$371||$62|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$810||$405||$68|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Ford Edge Sport 2WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$930||$465||$78|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$874||$437||$73|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$852||$426||$71|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$960||$480||$80|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$738||$369||$62|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$968||$484||$81|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,410||$705||$118|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$942||$471||$79|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$688||$344||$57|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$946||$473||$79|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$846||$423||$71|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$914||$457||$76|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$920||$460||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in your specific Liberal location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates noticeably.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of insurance premiums for male and female drivers in Liberal. The premiums assume no claims or violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Honda Accord LX-P.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below shows the comparison of Hyundai Sonata premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Kansas. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact formula to delete comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Hyundai Sonata claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though rates can get expensive, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Liberal insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Liberal car insurance online.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to study where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car instead of a used car can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Liberal car insurance online.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
Companies that may include these discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your state. To locate insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kansas, click here to view.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce car insurance prices online in Liberal. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Liberal car insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheap Liberal car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a small local company.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you quote Liberal car insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Kansas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Kansas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Gardner, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)